VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2002

Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:20:15 EST
there is also the possibility that someone in the process neglected to ask
the names
and they arbitrarily put down "John" as a generic name, hoping it would not
be of any
consequence.  I have found many, many errors in funeral homes where folks
were too concerned with drapery colors and less with the mundane paperwork.
Once in a while someone hates their given name(s) so much that they adopt
another.  But this is generally known to many others.
Have no school records, tax lists, census records, other things been checked?
 It
would seem to me that due diligence and preponderance should prevail
Erik P Conard--Denver