VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

From:
Byron Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:47:40 -0500
I just read the entry quoted below, and I hope someone can tell me what were the reasons for a person being "Exempted from the payment of Parish Levies for the future."

Best Regards,

Byron Bowman

Peter Beller

Vestry Book of Antrim Parish Halifax County, VA 1752-1817  Marion Dodson Chiarito

p30  (p 43 of original book):

At a Vestry held for ANTRIM parish on the xxxth day of
November 1756

p30  (p 44 of original book):

            (Beller
set Levy free)

For reasons appearing to this Vestry Peter Beller is
Exempted from the payment of Parish Levies for the future.

-