VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2006

From:
Frances Allred <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:09:26 EDT
John,
Once again I am wrong," it was Andrew Jackson who sent the Indians on the
Trail of Tears".
He is not popular among the Indians.
If the Indians raised up about this and the blankets then, "good for them."
I don't think they should be called leftist or any other name for speaking up.
 There was no secret about the horrible way they were treated on the" Trail
of  Tears".  Frances