VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:12:57 EDT
In a message dated 10/1/03 11:59:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Lets not leave out the LDS in the error compounding
> department

Well, while we are about it let's not leave out the census, head stones, old
bibles, court records, and family lore to name just a few.  Genealogy is not a
science.  It can be fun, and you can meet a lot of nice folks.
Unfortunately, as great as today's electronic publishing is it multiplies the mistakes and
errors far more and quicker than paper publishing ever has done.

It appears to me that those genealogy sites on the Internet that charge a fee
for admittance are among the greatest offenders when it comes to being
unreliable.  All they seem to be interested in is making a quick buck.

Jno

Jno