VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2006

From:
Frances Allred <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:47:39 EDT
Two sources with something to say on this topic can be found  at:

http://hal.lamar.edu/~browntf/Churchill1.htm

and

_http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_066.html_
(http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_066.html) .

Thanks Bill, for the good information. I think it must have happened.  The
Indians think it was ordered by Andrew Jackson and not Jefferson. I made a
mistake on that.
Most of my family on all sides once lived in Va. The Wilhite's, Powell's,
Drake's, Browning's, Fleishman's, Broyles, Vaughn's, Holmes and other's.
My Wilhites have homes in the Madison county book on historical homes.
I hope that qualifies me for this list.
I don't understand why anyone wants to quit this group. I am not a
professional but it does seem like a good group .  Frances