VA-ROL Archives

March 2009

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
Linda Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:44:01 -0400
We do not give this type of access.
Linda

Linda M. Rooney
Director,  Information Systems
Information Technology and Training Center
Spotsylvania County School System
Office: (540) 898-6033 x-3001
FAX: (540) 898-5289
email: [log in to unmask]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This  transmission and/or documents accompanying it may contain information belonging to the sending or receiving party which is extremely confidential in nature. This information is intended only for the individual/entity named above as the receiving party.

If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately notify. Thank you.

>>> On Friday, March 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Darlene Heckethorn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We have a new Asst. Superintendent that is showing interest in Records
Management.  He has asked that I contact other school systems to find out if
their Records Center gives access to records, (student, administrative, etc...)
over the internet.  I have told him that I don't believe their is another school
system that does this because of possible loss of confidentiallity, and the
threat of virus and/or Hackers.

Our school system has an internal intranet system and we use Star Base,
which is an authorized access student data base.

Does any school system have their inactive records on an internal intranet
system?

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Rooney, Linda ORG:;INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEAM EMAIL;WORK;PREF:[log in to unmask] N:Rooney;Linda TITLE:Director of Management Information Systems END:VCARD To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html (If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)