VA-ROL Archives

May 2006

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
Tamera Martens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 08:54:28 -0400
Our Community Services Board has a number of group homes for mentally
retarded consumers.  Many of the individuals in these homes have resided
there for upwards of 10 years.  There is daily documentation maintained on
these individuals.  Do the daily notes comprise part of the "medical
record" and how long are we required to keep the daily notes.  Obviously
ten years or more of daily documentation can cause a storage nightmare and
we're looking to purge some of these files.

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)