VA-ROL Archives

August 2001

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
DEB REED <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 07:45:00 -0400
Hi Beth, Deb Reed, Henrico County Public Schools, here.  When the student
withdraws, we send a full copy of the records to the receiving division,
keeping the original here.  We maintain our withdrawal and graduate student
records at the schools for 5 years, then transfer them to the records
management offices in central office where we scan them for permanent
retention.  We do not scan report cards if we have transcripts that are
complete.  If we're missing a year on the transcript for some reason, then we
do scan the report cards. We do scan health records and test score cards.  We
enter the data from the requesting person/agency on our "record data disclosure
card," in the file, so we don't usually keep a copy of the request in the
file.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  You can call me too at
(804) 652-3854.

Deb Reed