VA-ROL Archives

January 2005

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
Donna Meeks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:05:40 -0500
Dear Fellow Records Managers,

As Assistant to the VP for Administration and Finance and Executive
Secretary to the Board of Visitors at ODU, I am currently designated as the
University's Records Manager.  However, this is a very small part of my job
and it has not gotten the attention that it deserves.  After speaking with
Russ Riter at the Library of Virginia and relaying his concerns to my Vice
President that the Records Manager position should ultimately be a
full-time job, I have been tasked with developing a 5-year plan as part of
our upcoming budget process for developing a more formal records management
program, with an eye toward possibly creating a full- or half-time position
devoted to records management.

I am seeking your help by sending this informal "survey" to find out about
your agency and its current staffing level in support of records
management.

I would very much appreciate it if you would be willing to respond to the
questions below and and return to me at [log in to unmask]

   Is there a separate Records Management Department at your
   agency/institution?
   If yes, how many full- and/or part-time positions comprise this
   organization?
   Are these positions designated as state classified employees, or
   contract employees (i.e., faculty/administrative or
   faculty/professional)?
   What are the approximate salaries of the director and any additional
   employees?
   To whom does this position(s) report?
   If there is no separate office, what position currently has
   responsibility for Records Management at your agency/institution and to
   whom does this position report?
   What percentage of this position's time is currently devoted to records
   management?
   Is this position a classified employee, or a contract employee, and what
   is the approximate salary of the position?
   What is the name of your agency and what is its primary mission?
   How many employees comprise the workforce of your agency?
   If an educational institutional, what is your current student
   enrollment?

Thank you in advance for responding to this brief survey.

Sincerely,

Donna W. Meeks
Assistant to the VP for Administration & Finance
& Executive Secretary to the Board of Visitors
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA  23529
757/683-3072
FAX  757/683-5679

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)