VA-ROL Archives

October 2009

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
"Elliott, Clarence" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:31:02 -0400
We generally block "social networking" sites but do allow a small quota
that folks can use.  We allow access to Youtube which is used by the
state and federal agencies for a lot of communication.  I have a feeling
that a lot of thinking will change on all of this in time.  I can
remember when the Internet was considered "not a business need" but
today it is generally a critical resource!  Ditto email.

PS  We are considering a workshop on this topic at the Spring 2010
Virginia Emergency Management Syposium.  As I get more info on that I
will be glad to share it.
 -- Clarence Elliott, VHDA