VA-ROL Archives

February 2009

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
"Earlene B. Dixon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:54:21 -0500
I agree with Lois. The use of inmates to shred public records is taking a
significant risk. The handling of public records (sensitive or not) should be
handled with care and forethought. Although our budgets are being cut we
need to come up with creative ideas to manage information in today's
environment without jeopardizing the integrity of our records management
programs.

Records Management is a pro-active program. If we have no control over the
manner in which our jurisdictions chose to cut records management
operations, it is up to us to at least make them aware of the risks.

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)