VA-ROL Archives

October 2008

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
"Palmer, Gerald" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:05:06 -0400
Amy, FYI, The Virginia Tech College of Veterinary Medicine has a
complete set of records under Specific Schedule # 208-001 which was
approved by  C Preston Huff and the Library of Virginia on December 10,
2001. We have used that schedule here at VT since that time.
 The Records Retention and Disposition Schedule sections the records
into two general categories:  Veterinary Patient medical records (Series
# 008001) which covers medical treatment specific to inpatient and
outpatient animals and covers diagnostic workups, drugs administered,
and all relevant medical and surgical procedures performed. These
records are also kept for research and clinical study purposes.
We also have a separate Veterinary Medical X-ray Records Schedule(Series
# 008002)because they are not kept for the same amount of time as the
patient record. Suggest you look into your history files as you must
have your copy there somewhere.
Also if you do not have, you might request of the VT Veterinary Teaching
Hospital a copy of  VT Policy # 1420.2 written in 2006 which covers the
medical, financial, and administrative records received, generated by,
and filed in the administrative and clinical sections of the Veterinary
Teaching Hospital.  Jerry
Jerry Palmer
University Records Manager
Virginia Tech (0522)