VA-ROL Archives

May 2006

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
Mark Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 15:09:06 -0400
Jane and anyone else with an interest -

I think the answer for this one is in GS 20, Local Health Department records, Series 015081:

Immunization Records - Juvenile Records 015081

This series documents the history of immunizations given to individuals when not included as part of a patient medical record. Refer to Code of Virginia, § 32.1-46.

Retain 5 years after age of majority or 10 years after last immunization, whichever is greater; then destroy in compliance with No. 8 on schedule cover page.

The clue here, I think is that it refers to the records as not included in patient medical files.  That would seem to fit the immunization authorizations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mark

G. Mark Walsh, C.A.