VA-ROL Archives

July 2009

VA-ROL@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US

From:
Siri Berdahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Records Officer's Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:28:28 -0400
Dear members:

The ECM Working Group cordially invites you to attend an Enterprise Content
Management (ECM) Kickoff.

What: ECM Kickoff

When: September 10, 2009, 9:30 – 11:30 am

Where: East Reading Room, Patrick Henry Building, 1111 East Broad Street --
on the corner of 11th and Broad Streets in downtown Richmond

Work smarter.  Save money.  Protect state records.  Come learn about a cost-
effective way to implement Enterprise Content Management (ECM) in your
office.  On September 10, 2009, the ECM Workgroup will host the ECM Kickoff
event at the Patrick Henry Building.  You can expect to learn about how ECM
can benefit your office and about how the Commonwealth is planning to
implement a statewide ECM shared services solution.  Please plan to attend.

To register in advance, please follow this link:

http://www.vita.virginia.gov/registration/Session.cfm?MeetingID=18

(If this link appears broken, take out any spaces and then copy and paste it
into your browser manually.)

ECM includes those technologies that can provide your agency with document
management, records management, workflow, eForms, and imaging
capabilities.

The following agencies and localities have been involved in the ECM Workgroup
and planning for the statewide ECM solution:

The ECM Kickoff is an opportunity for agencies and the ECM Workgroup to:

Discuss Enterprise Content Management in business oriented terms
Explore the questions What, Why, Who, How and When
Share case studies relating to:
FOIA
Records Management
Workflow and Business Process Improvement
Email management
eForms
Discuss participation in an ECM Shared Service offering
Collaborate on the establishment of an ECM Community of Practice
Discuss next steps related to ECM in the Commonwealth in general and as
related to the Shared Services Offering.
Over the past eighteen months, a working group of state agency
representatives have been working to build a model for offering a shared
services implementation of ECM.  In this kickoff, the working group will share
information about the Commonwealth’s ECM Shared Services model, and ideas
and experiences as related to ECM.  This is a session to ensure that the ECM
initiative is aligned to the true needs of the agencies to be served.

The ECM Workgroup’s goals include establishing an ECM Shared Services
offering that results in lower costs for all participants, promoting ECM Best
Practices and allowing agencies to ‘try ECM before they buy’.  The working
group is moving forward with Shared Services planning now.  We need the
commitment of a sufficient number of users before the infrastructure can be
built.

There is an email address for ECM messages relating to the shared service
offering, community of practice and general ECM issues:
[log in to unmask] We strongly encourage you to email us any
questions, ideas, responses or concerns.  We look forward to seeing you at
the kickoff.

And, finally, the ECM Working Group is an open group made up of agencies and
individuals who see the need for ECM and want to facilitate its use where
appropriate within the Commonwealth.  We are always looking for additional
membership and interest – so, in addition to inviting you to the Kick-off, we
invite you to join the working group.

Hope to see you there!

To UNSUBSCRIBE, change options, or subscribe, please see the instructions
at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-rol.html
(If using Netscape, must have version 6.1 or higher to view the above page)