From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:26:02 -0500
Long ago I read something about this, in relation to the names we
still use for meat foods. Those that were eaten by the Norman
overlords still carry names derived from the French [beef from boef,
etc], while the food of the Saxons and peasants still carry English
or Germanic names.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone