From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 14:16:06 -0500
Just when I had given up hope of finding out anything about the Big Jamestown Weekend in May, Bob Moody, Director of the Stonewall Brigade Band in Staunton sent me not only notice of a performance, but a performance of my march, The Trumpeter of Jamestowne! and an invitation to sit in with my tuba!!!.  So for everybody out there who gets tired of my carping about the lack of info, here is a tidbit:

The Stonewall Brigade Band, continuous since 1855, has been selected as
one of the performing organizations for the "Signature Weekend" at
America's 400th Birthday Celebration in Jamestown VA, commemorating the
400th anniversary of the first permanent English Settlement.

The band will perform a concert including music that the settlers would
have heard before leaving England, the march played by the British as
they left the surrender at Yorktown, music from the 300th Anniversary in
1907, and music written for the Stonewall Brigade Band by members of the
band and other Virginia composers including Will Ruebush, Ray Hoaster,
Greg Moody, Randy Cabell, Gary Fagan and Bryan Kidd.  Also included will
be "General Lee's Grand March" and "Under the Shade of the Trees" based
on Stonewall Jackson's dying words and composed by Shawn Bentz, who will
travel from Illinois to play in the band for this event.  Also included
will be Sousa's "Powhatan's Daughter" written for but not performed at
the 1907 Anniversary celebration.

The performance will be Saturday May 12 from 6-6:45 pm on the Democracy
Stage at Anniversary Park.  For information on the entire celebration
and also ticket information for this event, go to <http://www.americas400thanniversary.org/>

Randy Cabell - The Trumpeter of Jamestowne (now with a bit more substance :-))