From:
"Schoonmaker, Nancy Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:30:50 +0000
In teaching the second half of US History, the project that most engaged students was always an oral history with a family member. Genealogy would be an excellent hook for the first half, though you'd have to find something that is personally interesting for students whose lineage does not go that far back.

It was actually genealogy that got me interested in history in a personal way and led me back to school for a PhD.

Nancy Gray Schoonmaker