From:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:51:03 -0400
Didn't want to get in on this but can't resist several points.

Plenty of townspeople had large gardens....hence the  plow.  (I had
ancestors who were farmers in Brooklyn as late as the 1890s.)
Plenty of land wasn't tillable....woods, outcrops.
Plenty of people didn't want to farm the whole piece....maybe there were
tenants on the land.  Can't get on the web this morning to check out the
topography of Campbell County ....
hilly maybe?  River bottom?
What time of year was the inventory written?  Had the farm stock already
been sold off?
Just a few thoughts.
M. Preston

--On Tuesday, October 23, 2001 10:19 AM -0400 "Harold S. Forsythe"

--
Preston, Madaline H