From:
"Metz, John (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:04:29 +0000
Terry

That story about the Wren Building standing on the site of a ram dating to the 1620s is news to me, as well. I know that archaeological work/monitoring has been done in several areas of the old campus, most notably the Brafferton and the Wren Yard projects, and I don't recall any evidence of previous domestic occupations in those areas. You may check with the William and Mary Center for Archaeological Research to see if that is indeed the case as I believe they were responsible for both of those projects and for monitoring earth moving projects throughout the campus.