From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:48:07 -0500
Jim,

Hi, neighbor! Was just in Blackstone a few hours ago. I live in Wilsons.

I have put your book on my to-buy list. I have already read James Merrill's
very interesting "Into the American Woods" on the relations in the
Pennsylvania and New York colonies with the Six Nations, the Lenne Lenape,
and other tribes. He did not mention that slavery was an issue there, but
then PA and NY were more small farms than extensive plantions. Another good
read on the exploitation of the Indians is "How The Indians Lost Their Land"
by Stuart Banner, who details how even our "Founding Fathers" invested in
land speculation to defraud the Indians of their land.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org