From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2012 13:59:09 -0500
I am looking forward to hearing George Morrow II deliver the 12th Annual
Governor Henry Lecture

"We Must Fight!  -- The Private War Between Patrick Henry and Lord Dunmore"

 at the Library of Virginia next Tuesday, November 13th, at 5:30.

For several years now I've been enjoying Morrow's delightful essays in a
series of short books entitled Williamsburg in Character ...
http://www.williamsburgincharacter.com/

Morrow does a terrific job of portraying the dramatic interplay of
personalities in revolutionary Virginia -- whether its the clash of legal
styles between Henry and Jefferson
http://www.williamsburgincharacter.com/catalog/GreatestLawyer.aspx

or, most recently (in *We Must Fight*), the personal animus between Patrick
Henry and Lord Dunmore that shaped the confrontations in 1775 that included
the Powder Magazine Raid, Henry's march on Williamsburg, Dunmore's flight,
and the collapse of royal government......
http://www.williamsburgincharacter.com/catalog/WeMustFight.aspx

 For more information about the Henry lecture, go to the Library's website
http://www.lva.virginia.gov/   and click on Henry's portrait right below
the big visual....

 Jon Kukla
Foundation, Hampden-Sydney College, and the Library of Virginia. Morrow is
the author and publisher of a book series entitled "Williamsburg in
Character," which focuses on people living in Williamsburg during the
Revolution.
Morrow will also deliver the lecture at Hampden-Sydney College on
Wednesday,