From:
Rondina Muncy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:25:55 -0500
Eric,

I believe you are correct in your observation that some genealogical
websites that five to ten years ago were very active don't seem to be
updated. From this we cannot tell whether it is from lack of interest in
the sites by visitors or from lack of interest by persons or groups in
keeping up the sites.

My theory is that the abstracts and databases that used to be uploaded and
added to on a regular basis have been replaced by digital images of the
original records by repositories of all sorts. It used to be written in
stone that a trip to the library for derivative sources was the first item
in a genealogical research plan. My first step is to now search the
Internet for both derivative and original sources.

Rondina
Rondina P. Muncy
Ancestral Analysis
4008 Linden Avenue