From:
Elizabeth Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:38:39 -0400
I'm currently working with the Southern Labor Studies Association to put
together our annual conference for 2015.  While we welcome anyone studying
any aspect of labor, we're particularly interested in growing our numbers
of early Americanists.  If anyone is interested in putting together a panel
or submitting an individual proposal, please let me know!

Thank you,
Elizabeth Cook
Doctoral Candidate
Lyon G. Tyler Department of History
College of William and Mary
Williamsburg, Virginia

Southern Labor Studies Association Conference March 5-8, 2015 College Park,
Maryland, and Washington, D.C.

The Southern Labor Studies Association invites academics, activists,
students, attorneys, public historians, archivists, and any other people
interested in the experiences of working people in the Early American or US
South to propose sessions for our next conference, which will take place
from March 5-8, 2015. We will meet in two locations: at the University of
Maryland, College Park during the day on Thursday, March 5, and then at
George Washington University in Washington, D.C. from the evening of March
5 to the morning of Sunday, March 8.

Sponsored by the Center for the History of the New America
<http://newamerica.umd.edu/>, day one of the conference (March 5) will
focus on Workers and Organizing in the 21st Century. The rest of the
conference will feature a wide range of topics.

The SLSA defines labor and working class studies broadly. We welcome
historical and contemporary topics, all relevant academic disciplines,
non-academic participants, and regional as well as comparative and
transnational approaches. Please note that there is no official conference
theme for the DC part of the conference; our hope is to assemble a broad
and diverse set of participants on a wide range of subjects.

As always, we will consider traditional panels with three or four
presenters plus a chair and commentator, but we encourage prospective
participants to propose other types of sessions as well (and create new
ones). For example, we invite sessions that put activists and academics in
dialogue, sessions that approach topics from multi-disciplinary
perspectives, panels that consider one important pre-circulated work in
progress, as well as roundtables, teaching workshops, organizing workshops,
etc.

*The deadline for submitting proposals is September 1, 2014*. Proposals
should include an approximately 250 words description of the session,
100-200 word abstracts of individual papers if appropriate, and a bio for
each participant (100 words max.). Proposals should be sent by email to
Professor Eric Arnesen at [log in to unmask]
For more information, see:
http://southernlaborstudies.org/2014/04/07/call-for-papers-slsa-conference-in-dc-march-5-8-2015/