From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 15:07:20 -0400
Steve,

Good question and astute observation. Others may have a different take on this. My take is that we really should first read records for what they say, and in  this case "Bachelor" meaning he had not been previously married. If had been previously married, the bond would often state "widower."  In this case, I think it is all clearly spelled out.  Of course I have no way of knowing if this man was previously married or not, so context does matter.

Craig Kilby