From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:13:55 -0500
It does seem so, yes [your last line]. "Do as I say, not as I do"? I
think in general and on too many issues these days, people are just
too thin-skinned. Perhaps it is a sign of affluence; I imagine people
who are having to struggle and dig and labor to put food on the table
and a roof over their heads are too busy to perceive such 'insults.'

I can see the many points on this that have been posted here, but it
still bothers me that it was built as a Christian chapel.
Historically, like it or not, that's what it was and has been. So by
removing the cross you are not making any old building more
'friendly' to others [and I have to question why the mere presence of
a Christian symbol should be considered 'unfriendly'- I would say
that is more in the mind of the beholder], you are altering a facet
of the history of the chapel.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone