From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:15:39 -0400
Ahhh Cherie....it is such a funny thing....every single year at this
time I hear from someone on what I call the 1763 Cornstalk incident.  I
am so fortunate!  I have made an appointment to meet probably five
researchers on the sites five different falls in ten years.  And one
year I heard from a lady the day before I left on my own to visit the
area.  She gave me information about a  family that was involved that I
had never even heard of.  She wasn't able to meet me there, but she
supplied information that led me to a site I would never have found on
my own and I was then able to supply her with photos and a bit of
information that she would never have had.  Serendipity at its best!

 Tell me who your ancestors are.  I am happy to share what I
have....unfortunately, my information is not very well organized.  I was
first focused on the massacre/capture event that happened at the
Clendenin home in what is now Greenbrier County, WV.  But as I have
talked with other researchers, I have added other sites....I have
photos...I have all sorts of miscellaneous information in drawers,
baskets, etc.....I am glad to share.  But you have to chat with me to
get what you want as it is absolutely not organized into any "report" or
"book" or whatever that I could put in the mail or push send as an
attachment.

Let me share a few places for you to begin looking:

The other researchers who share an interest in this event agreed to
subscribe to the

mail list...so you may want to ask your question there as well.  And you may want to look at the archives for that mail list to see what we have talked about in the past. I remember that there is information among the archives on where to look for Col Bouquet's list of released Indian Captives.

Also, I just looked and there was some discussion on the subject in June of 2007 on the mail list for the Shenandoah Valley:

ONe e-mail that I have saved was from Mary Miller regarding:

THE WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA HISTORICAL MAGAZINE
Volume 39   Fall, 1956     Number 3
article:  Indian Captives Released by Colonel Bouquet
by William S. Ewing

I have asked Mary for permission to share ....or you can just look in
the archives of the shenandoah mail list.

Should we move this to the Indian Captives mail list?  Are others on
this mail list interested?  Is this discussion appropriate for this mail
list?  I am mostly a lurker on this mail list and am not sure of the
main purpose....Marsha Moses