From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:17:20 -0500
From: Randy Cabell
To: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia history
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:10 AM
Subject: Never Underestimate the General Assembly

While surfing the channels last weekend, I came across a re-re-re-run of Jimmy Stewart and SHENANDOAH.  Yes, it is a bit jaded, a bit simplistic, and I caught strains of "The Yellow Rose of Texas" in the background, no doubt following the lead a decade earlier when that tune was used for THE GRAY GHOST.  But there was certainly no doubt it was the Shennandoah Valley of Virginia, and I sure related to the (not called but it was) Manassas Gap Railroad.

So Chuck Colgan must have power that we never dreamed of!!

By the way, I have not see or heard of anything about how it is faring in the House of Delegates.  Any word from there?

Randy Cabell
19th Va Arty