From:
"Grundset, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:53:20 -0400
Here are a few articles on frontier forts in Virginia and West Virginia:

Jean S. Morris. "Frontier Forts of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia & Ohio Built by the French, British & Americans, 1740-1794: A Bibliography & Finding Aid." Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society Quarterly, 27:4 (Spring 2001), 5-53. This is quite a comprehensive look at the subject and has several useful maps.

Charles Morrison. "Frontier Forts in the South Branch Valley." West Virginia History, 36:2 (January 1975), 131-139.

W. Stephen McBride, Kim Arbogast McBride, and Greg Adamson. "Frontier Forts in West Virginia." Charleston, WV: West Virginia Historic Preservation Office, 2003. 66 pages.

Eric G. Grundset
Library Director
DAR Library
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
1776 D St., N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-5303
202-879-3313 (phone)
202-879-3227 (fax)