From:
Paul Heinegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 04:45:56 -0400
When my wife went back to Temple University to complete her college degree,
she was the only student in her History class who knew enough about the
Vietnam War to discuss it in class. Apparently, the state textbook
commissions find the subject distasteful. In a senior class on History which
included History majors, she was the only one who knew about My Lai, any of
the famous photos from the war, or even that we lost-- because she had read
the newspapers of the time.
Paul