From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:06:08 -0400
My thanks to Mr. Corneliussen for his thoughtful comments. I don't think
I'll be adopting his nomenclature of "pro-paternityist" and
"anti-paternityist"; but I'm grateful for the suggestion. As for the
Man-in-the-Moon jibe, I didn't know that Halliday had also used it; I guess
great minds think alike. Coulter did use the number 25, which she got
directly from the official Monticello report.  My basic point is that
commentators such as Coulter, who don't know anything about the subject,
have foghorned their opinions about it anyway.
	Much of the literature on the Hemings issue, though not all, consists of
experts attacking the work of other experts. I'm avoiding that as much as
possible. I try to approach this "de novo" and I try to lay out the germane
information as clearly as possible.

Henry Wiencek
Charlottesville