From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:00:01 -0500

The state SOLs either mention by name in the U.S. history standards or
ask students to know the following Virginians:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
George Mason
Maggie L. Walker
Harry F. Byrd, Sr.
Arthur Ashe, Jr.
L. Douglas Wilder
Pocahontas
Christopher Newport
Patrick Henry
Robert E. Lee
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
Woodrow Wilson
Booker T. Washington
John Marshall

Doesn't look like much has really changed, actually.

Gregg Kimball