From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:07:21 -0500
Ah, music soothes the savage breast, to quote somebody or other.  Indeed, there are a number of reports of bands of the Union and Confederacy seranading one another (battle of the bands?) with their favorite songs.  Often they alternated.... Yankee Doodle by the band in blue, Bonnie Blue Flag by the boys in gray, Hail Columbia....  Dixie.....

All the more meaningful re the upcoming Jamestown CD (oophs)  since those two tunes reported at Fredericksburg were played at the 1807 celebration, YANKEE DOODLE, interestingly enough following the final toast ....

"May each return of this National Festival give new energy to the patriotism of Virginia."

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne