Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 17:54:34 -0400
I think it depends as well on the purpose of study.

Do we want to study people whose lives illustrate or illuminate important larger themes?

Or do we want to study people whose lives are in moral, civic, or intellectual fashions exemplary?

Surely the answer to both questions is "yes."

All best,
Kevin