From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 06:29:43 -0500
"...all around,
the next step down the road, for the music of Jamestownd."

Groan.  What do you expect?  I'm an engineer and not a poet :)))))

In any case, The Jamestown Music CD leaves Bethlehem (PA) tomorrow and goes to DiscMakers for production.  Day before yestersay, I listened to a complete CD after some 20+ hours of mixing and editing.  Since then, David Diggs and the engineers will have put in another 15-20 hours to further polish it.   The music itself is exceptional  -- nerarly 70 minutes.  The two REALLY high points are the 1807 re-creation, and the NEW WORLD transcription.  In addition, it has 20 pages of program notes, so there is grist for a lot of term papers on the music of Jamestown 1807-2007.

Thanks again to VA-HIST folks out there for all your help.  I'll let you know when it is available, at the moment targeted for the 2nd or 2rd week in January.

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne