From:
Tom Gilmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:04:15 -0700
   If we are going to get into genealogy, fine, but please, let's not
mistake a list of names and dates for genealogy.   Knowledgeable
genealogists, like other trained researchers,  know that  It is their
responsibility to conduct suitable studies and* report them in sufficient
detail to permit evaluation and confirmation by others. *  Paul Drake wrote
something like this: Genealogy without evidence is worthless."  . May I add,
that a list of names and dates without citations is about as useful to a
genealogist as the telephone book.

--Tom Gilmore