From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:57:10 -0400
Wonderful idea.  I wish I could be there.

Let me request that they play and sing ONCE TO EVERY MAN AND NATION.  What a
stirring statement!!!  The wimps took James Russell Lowell's stirring call
to duty out of the 1940 hymnal and only the
tune remains in the 1982 hymnals, but I have left instructions, along with
brass-band arrangements, that it be played at my funeral!

"Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide
In the strife of truth with falsehood, for the good or evil side....."
"Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own."

Oh, I know JRL wrote it as a protest against the US war with Mexico, but
that just adds fuel to the fire of "doing what is right".

Randy Cabell