From:
Andrew Talkov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 11:38:41 -0400
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A colleague of mine recently showed me a 1961 brochure for the Virginia
Centennial Center.  The brochure included an image of a diorama
depicting the explosion of the mine at Petersburg, July 30, 1864.  I
understand that some of the exhibits from the Center went to the Hall of
Valor in New Market.  I recently visited the Hall of Valor and if it was
there its presence didn't make an impression on my failing memory.  Does
anyone know the fate of "The Crater" diorama?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Andrew H. Talkov

Exhibition Coordinator for Virginia's Civil War Sesquicentennial

Virginia Historical Society

428 N. Boulevard

P.O. Box 7311

Richmond, Virginia 23221-0311