From:
Heritage Society <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:17:04 -0500
Today, we might say Jefferson hit on her, an incident that came to light
while Jefferson was president. It was viewed as a serious moral
transgression at the time. But to describe it as an "affair" carries a
present day connotation. The evidence does not indicate it was anything
beyond what Jefferson admitted to.

Richard E. Dixon
Editor, Jefferson Notes
Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society
703-691-0770
fax 703-691-0978
fax 703-691-0978

search engine + Dr. Thos. Walker + Thomas Jefferson