From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:40:32 -0500
Consider: Since TJ's time, we have gained more than his "promise" could
have predicted. Citizenship with voting rights extends far past TJ's image
of the educated landed gentry voting for the populace ... Machination has
allowed education to replace youthful labor for the masses .... It cost the
nation dearly to repair the slavery flaw in the Constitution ....

                                                 Anne