Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:21:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/03 3:43:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> As an addition to my Famous Americans pages for the persons specified in
> the SOLs for study, I have started a collection of Famous Virginians. Most
> of the ones on there now were from the SOLs: Pocahontas, George Washington,
> Thomas Jefferson, Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, James Monroe, Booker T.
> Washington, Maggie Walker, Harry F. Byrd Sr., Arthur Ashe, Jr., and L.
> Douglas Wilder. So far I've added three more, Woodrow Wilson, Irene Morgan,
> and Joseph Jenkins Roberts.
>
> Any suggestions on who else would be of interest to Virginia and other
> students?
>
>                          Anne

How famous is famous?

Some others that have VA Connections I haven't seen yet.

Sam Houston
Stephen Austin - Fathers of Texas, both Virginia natives
J.E.B. Stuart - C.S. General
Joseph E. Johnston - C. S. General
John B. Floyd - Governor, Cabinet Secretary, C.S. General
James Madison - President of the U.S.
John Tyler - President of the U.S.
George Mason - Statesman
Patrick Henry - Governor Revolutionary War Figure
John Smith to go along with Pocahontas
Samuel Rolfe to go along with Pocahontas

And the list can go on quite extensively.  But of course I suffer from
terminal curiosity.  :-)

Warm regards
Jeff Weaver
PO Box 351