From:
Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 09:23:34 -0400
> Hello James,
   Thank you for  your
reply.  I have tried everything I could think of in contacting
sextons etc. still no luck.  thanks again.
 Jerry

Depending upon your level of interest I have a suggestion for locating
> Isaiah. I had a similar but different situation. I had a Rev War
ancestor
> and I had visited his grave but Thought he had been
moved from the
> original
> graveyard. He is in Bedford
County Va. I went to the Bedford Museum and
> they
> had
the records from Va Power Company who did the hydro electric project
> that gave us Smith Mtn Lake. VPC had relocated a number of graves
and my
> ancestor's was one. The VPC records indicated church and
located of his
> original burial and I was able to locate it on a
map and the site is now
> in
> about 200 feet of water.
I guess I will never visit there but it was
> interesting to find
original burial site.

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:32
PM, Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> > Good afternoon,
>> I'm Jerry
Midkiff and I had 2
>> family members in the Rev. War both
were privates, John and Isaiah
>> Midkiff, both from Halifax
county VA. Both had pensions. John died
>> in VA. and Isaiah
in Grainger co. Tenn. I think his grave is
>> under water by
the TVA. but no proof. thanks