From:
Maitland Westbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 00:39:33 -0800
What about Lincoln's actions before Jefferson Davis? P.T.G. Beauregard? He
lied and secretly sent a supply ship to Sumter AFTER he said he would not
do it!! Yes, I would say Lincoln provoked the war so he could blame the
South.  As in sports, it's always the second foul that gets seen, while
the first offender gets to stand aside, with their hands in the air,
saying, Who? What ME?? Thus was Lincoln, standing free and clear!!

Yeah, right.

M. Westbrook