Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:56:05 -0500
"Harold S. Forsythe" wrote:

>   I agree with Henry and all.  This is a disaster for historians and genealogists.
> Is there a foundation somewhere that would provide a subvention to
> keep VA Cavalcade going for 2-3 years?

This is an excellent idea.  However, word of this is beginning to leak out on the
genealogy list serves.  I would venture to guess that servers like Rootsweb have a
very large number of subscribers.  Some are starting a letter writing and e-mail
campaign which I feel is an good idea.  As you well know, the trick with so called
"budget cuts" is the squeaky wheel preserves their funding at the expense of others.
I think it's time for those who value genealogy and the preservation of our nation's
history to start "squeaking."

This address was just passed on to me by a surname list member.

http://www.governor.state.va.us/Contact/email_form.html

Tammy