From:
James Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:04:04 -0500
maybe this book is what you are looking for

He has just released an updated edition of A Gentleman of Fortune; The Diary
of Baylor Hill, First Continental Light Dragoons. This three-volume set
includes Hill's journal entries for 1777, 1779, and 1780-81 respectively
(the volume for 1778 is missing). The 1780-1781 volume is an interesting
read for anyone interested in the Southern Campaign. Hill served around
Savannah, and was present at the string of minor skirmishes against Tarleton
as the British army moved towards Charleston. As John comments in his
introduction, it offers "a unique picture of the lack, the absolute dearth
of energetic leadership in American horse units in South Carolina in early
1780." Hill was taken prisoner at Lenud's Ferry, and his journal continues
through his time as a prisoner at Haddrell's Point. (Lots of fishing, and an
energetic round of social activities...) The volumes are annotated, and
include notes on Hill's life after the war.

Saddlebag Press also produces a bi-monthly newsletter called The Saddlebag
Almanac, which covers in-progress research. Its subtitle is "A bimonthly
publication of trivia drawn from the history of the cavalry formations of
all the armies in the American Revolution."

--
Douglas Burnett
Satellite Beach