From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:10:04 -0400
Tom,

If all we are quibbling about is the amount of the payment, I think we are
in general agreement that whatever profit Sally got for her sexual services,
ole Tom shared in those profits. In fact, if you consider that each time she
bore a child, it increased ole Tom's net worth, you can be sure that he
profitted from the enterprise.

What do you think was Thomas Jefferson's take in Sally forced to give her
sexual services to his relatives? Do you think his profit was limited to the
good will of his relatives? Was his purpose to secure constant visitors to
his table? If, as you insist, Tom did not partake of the fruit himself, what
was his purpose in sharing it with his relatives? Does his purpose lead you
to more, or less, respect for him and his "virtues"?

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org