From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:50:51 -0400
When Ethyl Corporation purchased the penitentiary land, an
archaeological survey was done by Kathy Biedleman. As of the end of
2006, it was not listed in the DHR inventory. You might contact
Quatro Hubbard at 367-2323 for more info. She located several graves
and the foundations of the various structures among other items.

Also, Doug Harnsberger did a study of the place in 1992 entitled: "A
Brief History of the Virginia State Penitentiary (1797-1991)
Richmond, Virginia" which is kept at the VA Dept of Historic
Resources as Henrico Report #69. You might contact Quatro Hubbard at
367-2323 for more info. It was 75 pages.

Lyle Browning