From:
"W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:13:17 -0400
Once again, I thank everyone for the information on David Ross.

Specifically, I am looking for the rather exact location
of his plantation near Point of Fork.

On the tax records posted by another list member, a David
Ross is shown as having property in Fluvanna County
(on the west side of the Rivanna, and west of the Point
of Fork) and Goochland County (on the east side of the
Rivanna, and to the east of Point of Fork).

Either of these counties are possible, and I am hoping
that someone from one of these locales may know of
some local lore concerning the former location of
David Ross's estate near the Point of Fork. His office
was/is in the present-day town of Columbia, on the
east side of the Rivanna at the point.

Scott