From:
"Harold S. Forsythe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:19:09 -0400
  It is the plow that gets me.  Why would a townsman own a plow?
  I agree with an earlier poster, that this person has too few draught stock to
farm 140 acres, but perhaps too many field tools and stock to be a
townsman.  Is it possible that he (and his) lived on 140 acres and
borrowed stock at ploughing season?

Harold