From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:00:20 -0500
AMERICAN REVOLUTION ROUND TABLE of RICHMOND

Hi Folks,

Be sure to mark your calendar for our next meeting on March 16, when John Beakes will present “Otho Holland Williams in the American Revolution,” based on his recent book of the same title.  Williams was one of three Continental Army generals from Maryland and fought gallantly from Boston through the Southern Campaigns.  John, along with Jim Piecuch, a former speaker, has also authored biographies of Light Horse Harry Lee and John Eager Howard.  This will be his first visit with us.  Details are here.  http://arrt-richmond.blogspot.com/  The regular reminder will follow next month.

There are now only SEVEN bus seats remaining for our “Benedict Arnold Raids Richmond” field trip on April 2, led by John Maass and Mark Lender.  The trip is now open to all interested persons.  Please contact me at [log in to unmask] for details.

Here’s the Colonial Williamsburg Super Bowl ad that apparently generated some controversy.  You decide. https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/itstartedhere?utm_source=EEMS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SuperBowl16&NCK=8447977981

Campaign 1776, our 2015 Preservation Partner, is attempting to save precious acreage at Brandywine.  This is a very worthwhile endeavor.  http://www.campaign1776.org/battlefields/brandywine/brandywine-2015/  Be sure to check the excellent map by Steven Stanley.

America’s History 5th Annual Conference on the American Revolution is now sold out.  http://americashistoryllc.com/2013/5th-annual-conference-of-the-american-revolution/  Contact Bruce to get on the waiting list.  Definitely worth the wait!

And to honor George Washington on his birthday, you may want to view this Mount Vernon interview with Rick Atkinson, where he discusses his research for a new series of books on the Revolutionary War, as a follow up to his excellent World War II trilogy.  http://www.mountvernon.org/videos-new/watch/Rick-Atkinson-on-the-Revolutionary-War?utm_source=Mount+Vernon&utm_campaign=2ed831cd6b-mktg_Content_Feb_20162_10_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0a9fb91d40-2ed831cd6b-231202453

See you in March.

Bill Welsch