From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:05:56 +0100
Dear Jenny Masur

I should very much like to exchange views and information with you. In
collecting information on the refugees I have started to comb through RN
ships' logs to ascertain just where they were when they picked up the groups
of refugees identified in musters, but frequently there is no exactitude in
the references. In addition, addresses or place-names found in American
documents don't always tally with known places, either modern or
contemporary. My reference to going along the Patuxent arises from a
collaboration with Dr Stanley Quick (on the Eastern Shore -- you might care
to contact him on (410) 778-0924, as in addition I believe his house on
Fairlee Creek was part of the later Railroad), and by the time of our visit
there will probably be more definition as to some of the points of departure
in the Patuxent.

And my attention is grabbed by your reference to Jefferson Patterson Park
and Museum in Calvert Co -- can you tell me more? Is there anything on a
website?

Dr Quick will be our point of contact generally while in Maryland, and we
will be staying with him and his wife for the second half of our visit.

Best wishes

John Weiss